First of all, thanks to all of the organizers and volunteers who participated in the planning and running of our event. Your efforts are greatly appreciated and it’s great to see so much support for entrepreneurship.
Facebook Weekend BETA was very productive and a number of different teams made significant progress on their projects. All groups were able to access a Joyent Accelerator account with 12 months of free hosting for their Facebook Applications
- The Pet Food Testing team, including Refresh Partners, Ron Smith, and Lanny Geffen were able to establish their business goal, create the branding and logo and get a functional Facebook Application working. Their Facebook Application is live and you can use it: http://apps.facebook.com/petfood
- Martin West was able to form a great team around his collaborative educational Facebook application and they were able to complete the initial business case/plan, user scenarios, and build the base for their technology platform. They are moving full-steam ahead to try to turn this application into a business.
- The Tippsee team also made progress on their business plan and are moving into the market validation phase of their project. They’re still looking for developers to join the team, if anyone is interested.
- Libin Pan continued to refine and develop the ideveloper application, which provides developer support inside Facebook.
- Alex Sirota was able to refine his Healthbook concept and benefited from great feedback from a number of people who dropped by.
Finally, we also had a lot of interest and encouragement from the investor community including Keith Bates from Cinnabar Ventures, Bryan Watson from the National Angel Organization and Robert Koturbash from the Maple Leaf Angels.
We’re looking forward to working closely with these groups and the investor community to ensure their success.
We already have an open invitation from the Maple Leaf Angels to allow one of the teams to pitch angels directly.
We’re looking forward to more great initiatives in 2008 around entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship. Stay tuned!